Timeless Principles for Building Wealth. (2011). Hoboken. John Wiley & Sons.
Authors: Vahan Janjigian, Stephen M. Horan, Charles Trzcinka.
Points to note
- Duration of dividend without disruption.
- How much dividend was handed out during downturns?
- Have dividends increased, decreased or plateaued?
- The dividend yield (dividend divided by stock price) in comparison other investment alternatives.
- Payment ratio out of the total ‘earnings’ (does this mean the top line i.e. total revenue?); and if it can last.
Should one be able to combine this (and all other relevant knowledge on dividend investing) with the selection of a socially responsible and viable company, perhaps it can truly form a long term source of income…